Are you renovating your bathroom or just looking for a more comfortable throne? Selecting the correct toilet height is key to your bathroom bliss. Here’s a quick guide to help you make the perfect choice!
- Standard Height: This is your go-to option and most common. A standard toilet seat is about 14.5 – 15 inches tall. It is a good height for most adults and is great for family bathrooms.
- Comfort Height: If you want extra comfort and accessibility, opt for a comfort height toilet, around 17-19 inches high. It’s easier to sit down on and stand up from, making it ideal for seniors or people with mobility issues. if you are also on the taller side, this might be the height for you!
- Child-Friendly Toilets: If you have little ones at home, consider a toilet with a lower seat, around 11-13 inches. This makes it easier for them to use and minimizes the risk of accidents.
- Measure Your Existing Toilet: If you’re replacing an old toilet, measure the existing height from the floor to the top of the seat. This can help you decide if you need a similar height or want to make adjustments.
- Try Before You Buy: If possible, visit a showroom and sit on different toilet heights to see what feels most comfortable for you.
- Consider Your Family’s Needs: Think about who will be using the toilet most frequently. A one-size-fits-all approach might not be suitable for every household.
- Installation: Ensure you have enough space in your bathroom for the toilet height you choose. It should be comfortable for both sitting and standing.